About UsCriminal StatutesCriminal PenaltiesFlorida Criminal CourtsCounty JailsFlorida BondsmenLaw GlossaryContact Attorney

Okeechobee County Court

If the criminal case involves a misdemeanor charge, such as: possession of marijuana or petty theft, or involves a criminal traffic charge, such as: driving while license suspended or reckless driving, the case will be heard in the Okeechobee County Court. The Florida Constitution establishes a county court in each of Florida's 67 counties. The number of judges in each county court varies with the population and caseload of the county.

In order to check the status of your criminal case you can contact the Okeechobee County Clerk of Court at:

Clerk of the Court
304 NW 2nd Street, Room 107
Okeechobee, FL 34972
(863) 763-1639

(Okeechobee County includes these cities: Okeechobee City)

Nineteenth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida

Florida is divided into 20 judicial circuits. If the criminal case involves a felony, such as burglary, possession of cocaine or grand theft, the case will be heard in the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida.

Circuit courts have general trial jurisdiction over matters not assigned by statute to the county courts and also hear appeals from county court cases. Thus, circuit courts are simultaneously the highest trial courts and the lowest appellate courts in Florida's judicial system.

Click here for a link to the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida.

State Attorney of the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit of Florida

State attorneys have a semi judicial role. They decision to initiate and prosecute criminal charges. In Okeechobee County, The Office of State Attorney of the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit of Florida, processes all criminal cases presented by law enforcement officers who have charged persons with felonies, misdemeanors, traffic crimes like DUI or reckless driving, acts of juvenile delinquency, and some violations of county or municipal ordinances in Okeechobee County, Florida.

If you want to learn more about a criminal case you may be able to contact the Okeechobee County State Attorney's Office at: 

Office of State Attorney
411 South Second Street
Ft. Pierce, FL 34950
(772) 465-3000 

Going to a Court as a criminal defendant can be very intimidating. If you have been arrested or charged with a crime in Okeechobee County, you need an attorney that is familiar with the Okeechobee Court system to guide, advise and defend you.

Click here to contact an attorney now.